I’m fairly certain you have been exposed to Linkedin.
You have most likely received the “invites” in your inbox but you may not have explored what you can do with Linkedin.
LinkedIn can be a terrific source for leads and new business, but only if you know how to get past the casual user level. In fact, many of LinkedIn’s best features are not available to the dilettante, so making sure you dive in with both feet into LinkedIn is key.
To help you with that, here are 10 awesome LinkedIn tips to get you started.
10 Fantastic LinkedIn Tips to Help Your Business
1. Customize your profile URL – Don’t forget to customize your URL with your or your company’s name. This naturally lends an air of professionalism to your page.
2. Put a LinkedIn Profile Badge on your site – Easy to do and a nifty tool for increasing connections and site authority. Pick from a few different designs.
3. Be sure to optimize your page – Complete and take advantage of all the features you can when it comes to your company page. You definitely want to make a brand statement.
4. List your skills to get endorsements – Make sure you list your particular skills when filling out your profile. This enables your connections to make that easy + click to endorse you for any of these they’re aware of.
5. Leverage your LinkedIn Groups – There are two distinct advantages here: you can direct message members of the group who you are not connected with, and you’ll also be able to view profiles.
6. Make Showcase Pages – Used to be you would use the Products & Services tab, but no longer. Now you simply need to create a Showcase Page to feature your products and services.
7. Directly Email your LinkedIn Group – Known as LinkedIn Announcements, you are able to mail all the members of your LinkedIn group once per week.
8. Use Saved Searches – Did you know that you can save your searches on LinkedIn and they will automatically send new leads to you based on what your search criteria is? Very cool.
9. Ask for Introductions – Find someone connected to one of your connections that you’d like to connect with? Simply ask them for an introduction, or permission to say that you two are connected. This works well and can help you get great connections you might otherwise not be able to.
10. Reorder Your Skills – Edit your skills to focus on the ones you’d most like to be known for, in addition to clearing the widget of the endorsements that have no picture. You might as well have it look good, right?