The Latest in Social Media Updates for your Small Business
Social media is nothing if not constantly in a state of change, which at first glance can be quite discouraging. We may already feel as though it’s next to impossible to keep up, but I would argue that most of the time, the changes that come along are improvements, and designed to make things easier and more effective, rather than simply change for change sake.
Whether it’s a new way to publish content, publicize your wares, or network with your audience, social platforms change constantly, and many times for the better.
To make this easier, we’ve found some of the more interesting and possibly beneficial social media updates that have been introduced recently, and present 5 of them here for you to check out!
5 New Social Media Updates that Can Benefit Your Small Business
1. Facebook Instant Articles – Facebook is debuting a new feature called Instant Articles, which is designed to allow information publishers to more effectively get their message out on mobile devices. Highly interactive and user friendly, this promises to help publishers with monetizing and spreading their content.
2. Twitter to expand Characters in Direct Messages – Twitter is listening and beginning in July 2015 they have pumped up the character limit on direct messages (not Tweets!) to 10,000 characters. I’m already imagining the possibilitiesâ€¦
3. More Social Results in Google Search – At least for mobile (desktop later) Google has begun displaying Tweets as social results in a web search. Simply search for your interest on the Google App and see what’s being talked about in real time on Twitter relating to your search subject.
4. Twitter’s New Search Results Page – More on Twitter, as they’ve introduced a new search results page, sporting a lot cleaner and usable interface, combined with the ability to exhaustively filter the results and come up with exactly what interests you.
5. Simply Measured LinkedIn Reporting – The popular social analytics company Simply Measured has released a new report designed to give LinkedIn publishers a far deeper look into their analytics. Together with a wealth of metrics to choose from, there is also an updated cross channel social performance reports covering 8 social networks. Check it out!
Social media is in a constant state of change! Keeping up with some of the shifts will help keep your social efforts fruitful.